[openbox] what is this?

Brandon Cash brandoncash at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:54:05 EDT 2006

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Ken McLennan wrote:
>
>> G'day there Mike,
>>
>>    I've got one too. (Aren't we both lucky?).
>>
>>   I don't have a PayPal account so I assume someone has gotten hold of
>> an OpenBox address list. Since not everyone has the messages then I
>> guess they've only got a subset of the addresses. Only the Gods know
>> where from.
>
> They probably didn't, but some spam filters probably caught it and
> others didn't. Gmail did for example.
This is indeed the case.  You can see from the original file that it was
to openbox at icculus.org, which includes everyone.  These PayPal phishing
scams are all so common now, that the major spam blockers get it easily.
  Mike, since you're using .rr.com's mail servers, you should ask them
to update their spam blockers, if they have them.

>> If you send me all your cash, I'll try to stop them sending to you =)
This is just as bad as the PayPal scam! :D

P.s. what the hell is "chunky at icculus.org?"  They were Cc'd in the
original spam.