[openbox] drawContents for 'move' action?

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:18:52 EDT 2005

Anders Engström wrote:

> invsblduck wrote:
>
>> I wanted to know how many people would care for a 'drawContents' option
>> for the Move action.
>>

> Well - I'd appreciate such an option :)
>
> Is there any special reason this isn't implemented for 'moving' (but
> implemented for 'resizing')?
>
> //Anders

I suspect that the reason is that some applications (xpdf with fit to
window turned on comes to mind) are totally unusable when resizing,
sometimes taking orders of magnitude longer to finish resizing and
drawing every intervening dimension, pixel by pixel, than I spend
actually moving my mouse.  Though moving windows around can drag down
slower systems, it's only a tiny fraction the annoyance of resizing in
many cases.

-Clay