Question about function keys

David Courtney blixel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:07:12 EST 2005

I'm running an ncurses program inside of my terminal emulator - mrxvt.
 The program uses F1-F5 and F10.  F5 works, but none of the other
function keys do.  (Though I can tap the escape key, and press 1 to
have the same functionality as F1.  Or escape, 2 for F2, and so on.)

I'm not sure the correct way to phrase my question, but hopefully
you'll understand the *intent* of my question at least.

Is OpenBox "blocking" the function keys and preventing them from being
"passed" into mrxvt?  (I checked my ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml and
didn't see a keybind for F1.)  Or is this a feature of mrxvt that I
need to overcome?

I would like the function keys to have the same functionality in mrxvt
as they do outside of X.

  -- David