[openbox] Maximize to Next Window ("Bump")

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Mon May 9 13:16:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Adam Kessel wrote:

> Christian Schröder wrote:
>>> Is there any way to configure an action so that a window only maximizes
>>> up to the next window in either direction? I used to have such a
>>> keybinding in sawfish and used it extensively, but I haven't found any
>>> documented way to do it with openbox.  Ideally I would have two actions
>>> bound to different keys: maximize over everything, and maximize up to the
>>> next window (horizontal and/or vertical).  Possible?
>> you are searching for GrowToXXX
>> This is my config:
>> Ctrl+Winkey(Mod4)+Keypad for grwowing stuff
>
> Yes, exactly, thanks.

Note that you can bind several actions to one key, so you get your
growtoarea thing. That assumes there is some free space in every direction
though, it will grow past the edge the window is in contact with when you
press. There is also no way to go back to the previous size (which is
usually what you mean by maximize).

--
Mikael Magnusson