[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox 3.3-rc1

Mohammed Sameer uniball at gmx.net
Sun Mar 27 12:42:27 EST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 11:35:31AM -0500, John Russell wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:20:05 +0100 (CET), Mikael Magnusson
> <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> > Surprise!
> >
> > Please tell me if anything is broken that used to work, or if anything is
> > broken that was broken before too.
> >
> > http://cvs.icculus.org/*checkout*/cvs/openbox/CHANGELOG?rev=1.83
> > http://icculus.org/openbox/releases/openbox-3.3-rc1.tar.gz
> >
> > --
> > Mikael Magnusson
> >

> I tried --enable-pango.  The fonts look ok, but every place where
> there are fonts, title bars, menu entries, the place holding the fonts
> are too small for the font itself so the bottom part of the letters is
> cut off.  Is that what the bug in the changelog refers to or is there
> something else that needs to be done to make the title and menu fit
> around the font  Also, how do you switch the font that is being used
> with pango?
>
> John

Hello,
Since I'm the one who implemented the pango support I find myself responsible!
The font used by pango is the same one you assign in the configuration file.
I didn't remove xft entirely as I'm not an expert with pango and I wasn't really able to get all the info required by openbox for drawing using pango only.

I'll try to compile the release and have a look, Maybe I can do something ;-)

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.