[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox 3.3-rc1

John Russell jjrussell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:49:16 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:50:50 +0100 (CET), Mikael Magnusson
<mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, John Russell wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:20:05 +0100 (CET), Mikael Magnusson
> > <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> >> Surprise!
> >>
> >> Please tell me if anything is broken that used to work, or if anything is
> >> broken that was broken before too.
> >>
> >> http://cvs.icculus.org/*checkout*/cvs/openbox/CHANGELOG?rev=1.83
> >> http://icculus.org/openbox/releases/openbox-3.3-rc1.tar.gz
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mikael Magnusson
> >>

> > SWEET!.  It looks like some of my xinerama patches either made it in
> > or you implemented the functionality somewhere else.  I've just tested
> > the one where it treats the monitor divide as an edge when moving.
> > However, some dialogs are still being placed on the monitor divide.  A
> > good way to see this is to trag a link from firefox onto your 2.10
> > gnome desktop.  Nautilus pops up a dialog asking you what you want
> > done with the file.  This is always on the monitor divide.  THere are
> > others but this is one I've seen recently.
>
> Could you check with xprop if it says "program specified location" or
> something similar? Maybe the dialog has a transient_for hint for nautilus'
> desktop window and ob centers the dialog over the parent, ie over the
> divide?

Here is the output of xprop for the dialog.  I removed the icon
definition as it was really long. Does the dialog window type affect
placement?

John

_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DIALOG
_NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST_COUNTER(CARDINAL) = 16826888
_NET_WM_USER_TIME(CARDINAL) = 116226984
WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0x1000001
_NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = 21986
WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "en_US"
WM_CLIENT_MACHINE(STRING) = "mendelssohn"
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
                program specified minimum size: 339 by 122
                program specified maximum size: 339 by 122
                window gravity: NorthWest
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW, WM_TAKE_FOCUS, _NET_WM_PING, _\
NET_WM_SYNC_REQUEST
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "nautilus", "Nautilus"
WM_ICON_NAME(STRING) =
_NET_WM_ICON_NAME(UTF8_STRING) =
WM_NAME(STRING) =
_NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) =