[openbox] Why don't use xpm files?

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 15:04:02 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 10:36 -0800, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 10:28 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > (why everyone thinks openbox should be turned into fluxcrap, I'll never
> > understand... they should just use fluxcrap)
>
> To be fair, there are many window managers out there that use pixmaps
> other than fluxbox.
>
> Now while I probably wouldn't use them, because I'm lazy, I could see
> them being very useful if one wanted to make a theme that is slightly
> beyond simple in Openbox.

i can't see how this would make any significant difference and would
create incommensurable theme files that would not be able to be used by
anyone equally using openbox; this would be confusing and annoying. Any
xpms would suffer the same problem with scaling and font sizes that the
xbms do anyway. xbms are fine; they work. if this was xbms vs pngs, i
could at least see what the problem was, xbm vs xpm is pointless - the
payoff is minimal at best and would probably produce even uglier themes
anyway, i don't see any one making any new themes anyway?

all the love in the world,

David