[openbox] OB very slow to open over GNOME

Christian Schröder fvwm at l7010.de
Wed Jun 15 02:10:14 EDT 2005

Holly Bostick wrote:

> 50 -- 	    app   gnome-session-properties
> 00 restart  app	  gnome-smproxy --sm-config-prefix /.blah
> 20 restart  app   openbox --replace
> 40 restart  app   gnome-panel --sm-config-prefix /.blah
> 50 restart  app   mail-notification
> 50 --       app   thunderbird-bin (running to write this mail)
> 25 settings help  feh --bg-scale /background/file.png

I had a problem like that too in past. I dunno anymore how exactly i
managed to do it.
I had my Programms all in Startup-Programs not in the session. Is
suspected the problem was starting torsmo directly after ob. So i put
torsmo at the end and everything was finer then. maybe you can put feh
at the end of the startup (via the priority) or before OB.
But i'm not sure exactly if that or something else solved the problem,
cause i tried a lot to fix the issue.

regards
Christian

--
   » celebrate the winter of sorrow «

The two most beautiful words in the English language are "Cheque Enclosed."
		-- Dorothy Parker