[openbox] aesthetics

John Russell jjrussell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 06:27:49 EDT 2005

On 7/15/05, David Barr <dpb at clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,

> - softens the bevel on raised windows, this is basically so it looks
> less harsh and fits in ore with my GNOME environment, mikael says he
> cannot see the differennce, i think it would be of most interest to
> GNOME users, because of the softness. the point of this is if you don't
> use GNOME the difference in probably not even that noticable or
> important to you, if you do i think it helps uniform your desktop. (it
> ain't perfect but it's a start?)

You must have very sensitive eyes. The after seems a little darker but
its hard to see a  huge difference.

> - alpha the icon ever so slightly to sofen any unfortunate edges...

This does look better.  Its subtle but the icon edges can be pretty harsh.

> - uses larger font on default theme.

I thought that most themes used fonts that were too small but the new
pango font thingy seems to have helped that a lot.

> here is a screenshot here of some of it (bevel handle) left is openbox
> as god intended and right is my abomination:

Your house must be incredibly neat.  Thanks for the work and sharing.
It would be cool if it made it into the next release.

John