disable window decorations completely

Jordan xero at xeron.cc
Sat Apr 30 01:22:18 EDT 2005

So I'd like to disable window decorations.

program menu > decorate.

That's fine and all except there's still a 1px border around the window.
That's not really disabled to me. What's the deal with that anyway? Why
doesn't decorate disable padding? And is there a way around it, short of
say, modifying theme, which seems a bit silly, and probably ruins the
look of the theme.

I can't even change the window type as openbox doesn't allow this after
it's been mapped, or so says COMPLIANCE, so using something like devil's
pie seems to be useless.

I know it's possible for windows to be completely decoration free, for
instance say gkrellm or xmms. What's the deal with this?

Jordan