[openbox] n00b questions

Dave Foster daf at minuslab.net
Wed Apr 20 09:42:03 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 12:56 +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
>    I do miss the ability to limit my window resizes to just horiz/vert
> (as usually implemented by grabbing the window edge), usually to keep
> text windows with a fixed width.  I was wondering whether that warranted
> a new set of actions, or might more cleanly be implemented by doing a
> sort of 'snapped' resize if Ctrl (say) is held while resizing (snapped
> as in: limits window resize to 90/45 degree movements from the original
> size).

 In my config, which is from the defaults, Alt+Right clicking on a
window somewhere will allow you to resize it.  It also works so if you
grab in the middle of the bottom section of a window, it will only
resize vertically.  This could be what you're looking to do..

>    Has there been any definitive settlement as to the addition of theme
> features (e.g., png, svg or even non-rectangular windows);  or am I
> going to get shouted own for even mentioning them?  ;)

Yes, you will :P

--
Dave Foster <daf at minuslab.net>