weird window maximization with twinview

Juris Bune juris at ogreland.lv
Sun Apr 17 05:17:25 EDT 2005

Hello!

There is one annoying problem with openbox in Twin View X-server
mode(desktop is extended to my TV). Other window managers(kwin,
metacity) seem to behave the "right" way when maximizing application
windows e.g. windows are maximized to physical display(only one),
depending on which display the window is located. But openbox treats
both physical displays as one and maximizes window across whole "virtual
desktop".

I believe this is not the way it should me. Although it might not
qualify as a bug rather it is more like a wish for future releases.

BTW, could this be that I am the only one who noticed this? :) Seems so
if we trust in google.com.

======================================
System:
======================================
Ubuntu Hoary
X.org 6.8.2
Openbox 3.2

======================================
Twin View configuration from xorg.conf
======================================
<snip>
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Twin_TV"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"  # May differ
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
        Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-B"

        Option "TwinView"
        Option  "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option  "TwinViewOrientation"   "RightOf" #"Clone"
        Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"     "30-50"
        Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"   "60"
        Option "MetaModes" "1152x864, 640x480;"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "crt, tv"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen_TV"
        Device          "Twin_TV"