[openbox] follow-mouse-focus for selected applications

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Sun Sep 26 18:33:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> Hello User and Developers of openbox,
>
> I am using a basic click-to-focus policy with openbox namely:
> <focus>
> <focusNew>no</focusNew>
> <followMouse>no</followMouse>
> <focusLast>no</focusLast>
> <focusDelay>0</focusDelay>
> <raiseOnFocus>yes</raiseOnFocus>
> </focus>
>
> I'm generally happy with it, however I would like to have a
> follow-mouse-focus for certain applications. Thus when the pointer is over
> the window it gets focused. If the window does not belong to my "special"
> list, then I have to click to give it focus.
>
> Can this be done with openbox? And if so, how?

Yes, change the code. I personally don't like the idea of 25 strcmp's (or
possibly regex matchings) every time you move the mouse into a window, but
maybe that's just me. Thinking about it for 3 seconds though, you could
match the string when the window is managed and set a boolean in the
client struct and just check that, good luck.

--
Mikael Magnusson