[openbox] Roll up all windows?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:35:09 EDT 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:57:19 +0200 (CEST), Mikael Magnusson
<mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Aaron Griffin wrote:
>
> Note that i was actually talking about Openbox here. *gasp* (also pls
> don't top post, especially in a thread already bottom-posting. i top post
> now so you can see why you shouldn't, it makes following the thread very
> hard)
>

> > I mentioned this above - stating that it's always better to code for
> > the common-case... the common usages of this thing being "one or all"
> > .. no one ever says "i wish i could shade 4 out of these 7 windows
> > with one command".... that's why i mentioned the --all flag (or
> > something similar)
> >
> > but cheers for the extra vote!
> >

> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:39:13 +0200 (CEST), Mikael Magnusson
> > <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:

> >> Sorry for the duplicate pointing out, but the other guy's was in reply to
> >> the wrong message.
> >>
> >> It might be useful to have a general flag for actions that makes them
> >> apply to all actions, that way you won't have to duplicate code, and you
> >> could do other useful stuff like 'send all windows to desk 3' and 'move
> >> all windows onscreen' or maybe 'gather all windows on all desktops to this
> >> one'. (Obviously some actions should have this disabled, like nextwindow
> >> and focus, it wouldn't make sense for them). *adds to todo*

> >> --
> >> Mikael Magnusson
> >>

> --
> Mikael Magnusson

Any threaded mail reader will allow you to view any type of posting,
top or bottom, just fine. I am personally using gmail, which top posts
by default.  In addition,  threaded mail readers remove quoted text
(or collapse it), making it difficult to determine what everyone else
is doing.

On to the topic at hand:
> Note that i was actually talking about Openbox here. *gasp*

If you are replying to me (I am assuming you are) this makes no sense.
 I am talking about Openbox as well:

------ BEGIN PASTED TEXT ------
As for patching wmctrl, patch it for the common case... that is, add a
"--all" option or something to that effect to do a command to all
windows...

performing a command on ALL is alot more common than performing a
command on a list of windows, right?

shade all, hide all, show all.... etc

------ END PASTED TEXT ------

--