[openbox] Roll up all windows?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Sep 14 12:48:35 EDT 2004

On 14 Sep 2004, Tim Ziegele wrote:

> I've read through the documentation but didn't find an action with which
> I can "roll up" all windows on a desktop. Have I missed the action in
> the documentation? If not, how could I do this?

I have also been wondering about that.

I used the wmctrl command to toggle the shaded state, like:

wmctrl -l | cut -d " " -f 1 | while read WIN ; do
   wmctrl -i -r ${WIN} -b toggle,shaded ; done

But that doesn't roll up all, because it unshades those already shaded.

I could not tell if wmctrl can output the current states, then I could
have a simple script to just shade those not shaded yet. Anyone know of a
tool to show the states?

By the way, fbpanel has a button for shading/unshading. But fbpanel has
been unstable for me.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/