[openbox] LIGHT arabic patch

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Sun Oct 17 21:12:38 EDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, eminem Stan wrote:

> The whole idea of doing the shaping ourselves was to keep it light, it's
> enough to depend on fribidi for bi-directional text.
> Not to mention the overhead of loading the pango library at startup and
> having it loaded all the time ( if you don't use/need it that is).
>
> I'll attatch the patch anew in this thread.

Well, pango is just ~3-400 kB, how large is freebidi? Pango would also
let us render text with different fonts so you can have a title with many
languages in it and still use your favorite font for latin chars. It
doesn't have to load much until it actually has to draw something anyway.

--
Mikael Magnusson