[openbox] Background Color Weirdness

Miguel Bazdresch ob-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sun Oct 10 16:27:00 EDT 2004

* David Courtney <blixel at gmail.com> [2004-10-10 20:21]:
> Is there a better way to set the background than using xsetroot?  And
> is it possible to set colors other than black, cyan, red, magenta,
> etc...  the 000000-ffffff range doesn't seem to work.

I use wmsetbg (from WindowMaker), but I set my background to an image,
so it might be overkill for you.

The problem you're seeing looks like a pixel value is overflowing or
underflowing (one of the color components ends up above 255 or below 0).
You can see that with aterm, if you use a very bright background, for
example.

I would look at the grellm theme first.

--
Miguel Bazdresch