[openbox] gentoo forums openbox discussion

Daniel Sweatman dansweat at swiftdsl.com.au
Thu Oct 7 08:35:56 EDT 2004

David Courtney wrote:

>>-> Haha, god a hate gentoo users...sooo much!!!
>>->
>>-> There's a saying that I think applies here "If it ain't
>>-> broke, don't fix it"
>>
>>Come on... you don't even know me.
>>
>>I am a gentoo user, I have never complained about OB.
>>I have been subscribed to this list for sometime and hardly posted.
>>(I have hever needed to.)
>>
>>I like OB as it is.
>>
>>just my 2c,
>>

>I'm a gentoo user as well.  I've used a lot of distros over the year
>and always felt the need to keep looking for "something better" until
>I started using Gentoo.
>
>I use OB because it's minimal and I like it just how it is.
>
>just my 2c also

Yes, although Gentoo does have a steeper learning curve, it does have a
large following of  self proclaimed "Gurus" just because they could
install it!
I use Gentoo, and i think coupled with OB3 this is the fastest
combination of dev environments ive ever come across.
Good work Mikael!
However, if there was some sort of "List" of standard OB components
(pipe scripts)  that users want maybe this could be used to help aid
development?

Just my 5c. (No more copper coins here)