[openbox] trouble with key bindings

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Oct 5 10:40:48 EDT 2004

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to bind the Pause and Break keys on my laptop to start and
> stop laptop mode. I copied the keycodes from xev:

<snip>

> And added them to my rc.xml file:
>
> 	<keybind key="Pause">
> 	  </keybind>
> 	  <keybind key="Break">
>
> But the key presses are not recognized.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Thanks,

Well, what I notice is that the "su" normally command requires a
password to be entered. And since you are not running the command in a
terminal, you cannot enter one, so you cannot su, and the command would
stop dead.

I would suggest setting up sudo to execute these particular commands
without a password so that they can be executed from within the rc.xml.

Read man sudo and man sudoers for more information on how to proceed.

Hope this helps,

Holly