Window Placement in MergedFB (not Xinerama) Mode with ATI Radeon 7500

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue May 25 14:07:47 EDT 2004

After much work, I've finally gotten MergedFB mode working with an ATI
Radeon 7500 card.  This means I have a dual-head system with one display
to the left of the other, and with DRI 3d acceleration on both heads.
Xinerama currently disables DRI, which is why MergedFB is better.

I'm trying to figure out how OpenBox decides which head to open a new
window on.  It lokos like it is opening it on the less "crowded" screen,
but the result of this is that frequently dialogue boxes pop up on the
other screen from the main program, which is quite disconcerting.

Is there any way to tell OpenBox to always open child windows on the same
screen as the parent window in MergedFB mode?  Does OpenBox even know
what MergedFB mode is?
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org