[openbox] application launch feedback

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 09:25:17 EST 2004

Its so when you run rhythmbox from a menu, that you know that your
computer is at least trying and that rhythmbox didn't just up and crash
as soon as you selected it from the menu.  I frequently resort to
running non-responsive programs from the terminal to find out why they
aren't opening, only to have 2 or 3 open up when evolution finally gets
swapped out.

I hate the way KDE implements this as the notification remains even if
you program has crashed and it keeps notifying you for 30 seconds no
matter what happens.  I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the spec or
of the implementation.

John