[openbox] how to prevent openbox to grab keystrokes ?

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 16:49:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:28, Neil Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:22:01PM -0500, John Russell wrote:
> > >
> > > I agree with you.  Midnight commander would work much better if Openbox did not grab my function keys.
> >
> > Are you still talking about remote desktops with MC?
> > If not, then can't you just unset the keybindings in rc.xml?
>
> No, I'm not talking about a remote desktop.  You ask a good question.  Is it possible to unset keybindings temporarily?

This does not answer the question, but in order not to step on emacs'
copious keybindings, I use the nested keybinding feature to put a not so
common prefix (ctrl-`) before some of my keybindings.  This doesn't
solve the vnc thing, but maybe you could put your function key bindings
behind a prefix so MC can have the function keys to itself.

John