[openbox] Resize action

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Wed Jun 23 13:57:59 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:53:13AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> I've recently moved from Blackbox to Openbox on a few of my machines.
> I've managed to migrate most of my configuration from Blackbox over.
> While I understand that Openbox is not Blackbox and vice versa, I would
> like to keep as much of the interface as possible intact and functioning
> as it was.  Right now the only sticking point I've found is the Resize
> functionality.  I've rebound it from the default (ALT+Middle-Drag) to
> Blackbox's binding (ALT+Right-Drag), but it seems that Openbox's Resize
> is only one dimension at a time.  That is if the mouse moves
> horizontally first that is the only direction the window can be Resized
> until it is released, same goes for vertical.  Is there any way of
> changing this so that a window can be resized both horizontal and
> vertical at the same time?

Seems I was a little hasty with my first question.  It seems that the
window can be resized both horizontally and vertically at the same time
but only if you're very precise with the initial mouse movement.  Is
there any way to alter this behavior?

--
Jamin W. Collins

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith