[openbox] How to automatically position a window?

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 23:00:37 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 05:21:45PM +0000, bleak wrote:
> Here's a few things I'd like to see in openbox:
> 1. window autoproperties

Bah, stuff like that belongs in an external application like devilspie.

> 2. run script after startup

What window manager does this, and what would be the point?  What can you
accomplish with the window manager launching some script that you can't
accomplish via your xinitrc/xsession file?

> 3. full theamable window decorations (kind of the way pekwm does it)

Ever considered just running the window manager that already does things
the way you want them to be?

--
 Marc Wilson |     You learn to write as if to someone else because
 msw at cox.net |     NEXT YEAR YOU WILL BE "SOMEONE ELSE."