[openbox] two menu files when using a separate taskbar/launcher and other questions

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 16:07:00 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 17:39 -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I am researching using different taskbar/launchers, such as fspanel,
> fbpanel, and taskbar.
> Are there others that you like to use?

xfce4 has a nice toolbar window list why not just stick with that?

> What do you do about having different menu file formats for the launcher
> and openbox?
>
> Is there a GUI tool for managing the menu file(s)?

the menu file is fairly basic to edit by hand...

> Also, I didn't see on the "about" or other webpages if openbox supports
> customizable placement and choices for window titlebar buttons and if it
> supports rounded or customized titlebars and window borders. Does it?

try obconf of you like gui things, but it is no menu editor.
http://icculus.org/openbox/obconf/

i'm not sure you really want rounded edges :) openbox of course supports
customised borders to some degree, see the links page for where to get
them

> (By the way, I am looking for an alternative to xfce4 for my wife. I still
> sit at old blackbox.)
>
> Thank you,
>
>  Jeremy C. Reed

cheers