[openbox] Multiple menu files

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Jul 12 19:21:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:44:01PM -0700, Robert Carson wrote:
> i think you are trying to run before you have learned to walk... no
> offense.  Start off with something small... just add one menu with a
> few items in it...
>

> <openbox_menu>
> <menu id="test-menu" label="My New Menu - Test">
> <menu id="my-terms" label="My Terminals">
> <item label="aterm">
> <action name="execute">
> <execute>aterm </execute>
> </action>
> </item>
> <item label="xterm">
> <action name="execute">
> <execute>xterm</execute>
> </action>
> </item>
> </menu>
> </menu>
> </openbox_menu>

I've copied _exactly_ what you have here into
~/.config/openbox/my-menu.xml, replacing what was there.  Issued a
Reconfigure from the existing root-menu, and yet there is only the
original menu.

--
Jamin W. Collins

"Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith