[openbox] edge resistance

Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen ken at fiona-victor.com
Tue Jan 27 05:59:35 EST 2004

Mikael Magnusson wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
>

>>Hi.
>>I use Debian tesing and openbox 3.1
>>I have used openbox 2.x before and i could disable edge resistance.
>>I just cant find how to do that. Neither could I find any information on
>>the website either.
>>Can someone enlighten me?
>>Kenneth.
>>

>these are the relevant config options
><resistance>
>  <strength>10</strength>
>  <screen_edge_strength>10</screen_edge_strength>
></resistance>
>
>i suspect setting those to 1 or 0 will make you happy

Thanks for the answer, but I dont get the expected results. What I want
to achive is the following;

1. when i drag a window with mouse, I want to be able to drag the window
with me on to the next desktop.
2. I want to be able to go to the next desktop (right or left) by moving
the mouse to the edge of the screen/desktop.
3. I want to enable/disable these abilities.

It this at all possible? I seem to remember this was possible under
version 2.x, thats why I chose it over blackbox. Im used to
enlightenment for several years and wanted to try to speed up my old
machine...

Regards Kenneth.