[openbox] How do I get programs to start undecorated

Brett Campbell brett at custom-tech.net
Sun Jan 18 17:00:47 EST 2004

well apparently grammatical punctuation is also a struggle, my friend.
but have hope; for i am not one that i should slander you because of
your ignorance for the patch(1) utility.

:-)

download the wmctrl utility from http://sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/

untar the source and copy the patch to the new wmctrl-1.xx directory.
apply the patch by command of `patch < wmctrl_undecorated.patch`

you should see "patching file main.c" and nothing else.

run `./configure && make` as usual.

typing `wmctrl -h` you should now see the extra <STARG> 'undecorated'.

now go, and study the patch(1) manual page.  the -p switch is often times
used for many other patches you will have need of.

share your knowledge with others, as i have you.

InJoy,

--
[ Brett R. Campbell ]
 -> Configuration Management / Systems Administration