[openbox] OpenBox 3.0 and Transparency [longish]

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Thu Jan 8 12:43:09 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:55:11PM +0100, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>     Ok, so the next question is: FMPOV, this is a regression, but I
>     don't believe it's been introduced without very resons that
>     outweight the problems.

It was introduced to make resizing without resizing the window contents
nice, and not having garbage on your display.

>     Maybe it's rxvt (and aterm) that's broken (I myself like the "too
>     bad you don't play by the standards" approach), but I need to now
>     it.

It is rxvt and aterm at fault. They are setting their window to
ParentRelative, which is just not right. Since Openbox draws in the frame
window which is their parent, they do not get their desired results. They
should grab the hints off the Root window and use them.

ben