[openbox] theme image format

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Feb 9 20:38:03 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 04:42:07PM -0500, John Russell wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:40, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > It's not like there's any reason to use anything OTHER than xbm... all
> > you're doing is defining a monochrome bitmap for the buttons.  What'd you
> > expect, that you could use a jpeg?  What would be the point?
>
> Umm, colors?

You're defining a bitmap that represents the button.  The xbm you provide
isn't the button, it's the mask that is used to draw the button.

So how do colors get into it?  Not that you can't color the buttons if you
want.

--
 Marc Wilson |     We promise according to our hopes, and perform
 msw at cox.net |     according to our fears.