Non-opaque /Frame Window Move

jg jg314159 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 06:42:27 EST 2004

For folks looking for a window manager to run on slow computers,
non-opaque (frame-only) moves for windows are fairly important.

In a September 2004 thread, reasons were given for why non-opaque
moves had to be removed:

http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?24:sss:2879:ppoppffebhomhhahcgop#b
(Subject: "Turn off window content while moving")

I confess to not understanding the technical rationale for removing
the run-time option, so I am naively curious as to whether a
compile-time option (./configure --enable_frame_move) could be added
to openbox.  Is this possible for a future release?