[openbox] Run on startup

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Wed Dec 15 22:52:57 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:29:35PM -0800, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 19:14 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > As for gnome-volume-manager and HAL, whyinhell would I want that?  Next
> > you're going to tell me everyone should use udev. <shudder>
>
> gnome-volume-manager and HAL depend on udev.

Yes, they do.  Fortunately, sane people have no use for either one,
therefore they do not need udev.

As for why I have no reason to use udev... I have no need to participate in
the "my /dev is emptier than yours" d*ck-waving contest, and udev has no
other use.  Hotplug *could* do all the necessary symlink mangling morons
who can't figure out how to mount a device would need, but instead udev
gets foisted on an unsuspecting world.

Note... if you think I'm not sympathetic to the plight of Joe Stupid using
Linux... you're right.

--
 Marc Wilson |     You humans have that emotional need to express
 msw at cox.net |     gratitude.  "You're welcome," I believe, is the