[openbox] Run on startup

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Wed Dec 15 10:38:41 EST 2004

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>> Alexander Futász wrote:
>>

>>> I'm pretty sure you can compile Mozilla w/o Gnome support.
>>>

>> Under Gentoo or SourceMage, maybe (or probably, not in Gentoo right
>> now)-- but under Mandrake, SuSE or Fedora Core? I dont think so.
>

> They have daemons running that prevent gcc from running?

No, of course not-- but under those distributions, one is likely
installing from a pre-compiled binary rather than from source -- which
is, after all, the point-- and the pre-compiled binaries are likely
compiled with GNOME support.

Aside from which, as I understand it, compiling Mozilla/Firefox is
difficult in any case; compiling it under a distribution which deviates
from "standard" in various respects (location of libraries, version of
libraries, etc), may be even more so, and not really to the tastes of
users who have installed a binary distro to avoid compiling from source
in the first place.

Holly