[openbox] dual-head

John Russell jjrussell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 09:12:09 EST 2004

> Mine is that I wish to be able to change desktop on each monitor
> seperately... So I have mozilla on the left monitor and a couple of
> things on the right monitor on several desktops...

Ah good point.  I usually pin an app to the desktop ("all desktops",
or sticky or whatever its called) for that.

> Another point is that it would be nice to be completely 100% certain
> where a program starts. As it is now there's a high risk of programs
> starting on the wrong monitor, which is pretty annoying if I'm watching
> a movie on that one.

And devilspie takes care of this one.

As for different resolutions on each monitor, that worked for me using
the standard "nv" driver with xorg, have you tried the standard xorg
"ati" or "radeon" drivers?

John