[openbox] Window position memory

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Dec 3 04:50:15 EST 2004

Adam Byrtek / Alpha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Openbox with Fbpanel on the upper edge of my screen, and I have
> problems with most of my apps that remember their screen position
> after exit (eg. Psi, GGV, and others). Looks like they remember their
> position relative to the Fbpanel edge, but after they are run again
> they restore their position relative to the screen edge, so they are
> positioned higher than they should really be.
>
> If this is a problem with those applications, sorry for bothering you,
> but it happens with so many apps it made me think it might be Openbox
> problem. On the other hand it may be a problem with Fbpanel...
>
> Regards,
> Adam

I have noticed this problem as well (with Azureus, but interestingly
Krusader does not exhibit it); I do think it's an fbpanel-specific
problem, given that I also have problems with the system tray (which I
consider a worse problem), and that I did not have these problems when I
was using gnome-panel with OB3.

Holly