openbox tries to grab non-assigned keys

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sun Aug 22 15:56:53 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I use ROX-Session together with openbox. As you may know, both these
programs let you assign your own keyboard shortcuts.

I have, for the longest time, run into an annoyance when pressing a key
combination (perticularily ctrl+<something>) that is assigned in ROX
but _not_ in openbox. Openbox cries foul and barfs:

(openbox:22952): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 174
modifiers 0

(openbox:22952): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 176
modifiers 0

(openbox:22952): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 160
modifiers 0

(openbox:22952): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 122
modifiers 0
[...etc etc...]

So the only problem here is that openbox fills the x message log with
useless info. Why does openbox insist on grabbing keybindings not it's
own?

Regards,
	Kacper

--
I do not need HTML email, virus warnings or unsolicited forwards.
Get my GnuPG public key from pgp.mit.edu.