[openbox] One more dock question

Tim Riley tr at slackzone.org
Fri Apr 16 10:55:37 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 01:05, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> Not to beat an already dangerously ill horse, but what exactly /is/ the
> dock? Is it a system tray like on the GNOME panel? Is it a panel-type
> thing in which to embed apps?

OK dude the dock is for old-style dockapps, like the ones that dock
along the edge of the screen in window maker.  There are lots of them at
dockapps.org.

You can get system tray apps to appear in the dock by first running the
`docker' program, available at http://icculus.org/openbox/2/docker/.

If you can't get the dock to appear it is probably because you don't
need the darn thing.  The horse is dead.  Give me the stick.  You'll get
it back at the end of the day.

That is all.