a couple nits (was Re: [openbox] a happy new openbox user)

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Mon Apr 12 14:16:47 EDT 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 11:28:28AM +0200, Lionel Peyron wrote:
> Louis-David Mitterrand a écrit :
> >Thanks again. I have another question: how would you write your
> >.xsession to have on startup two rxvt's on the first workspace, mozilla
> >on the second and two more rxvt's on the third? How can one launch
> >programs on differents workspaces?
> >
> Hi from another happy openbox user !
>
> To launch programs on differents workspaces, I think Devil's Pie
> [http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie] may be the answer;
> but it's not really easy to configure :| The doc is so ... missing.
>
> Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the pointer, it seems to do what I'm looking for.

On another matter, when maximizing a window with ALT-F10 or the Maximize
menu entry, it expands only to the edge of the the dock. Why doesn't it
cover the whole screen area?

Also the shortcut ALT-F10 should be a toggle, as in most window
managers (and MS-Windows), instead of having to use another shorcut to
restore (ALT-F5).

ldm at apartia.fr