[openbox] launcher which can remove decor / place windows

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Nov 24 17:42:01 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:04:51PM +0100, cyrax at b0rken.dk wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:16:41PM -0500, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> > On 11/23/03 19:51:46, cyrax at b0rken.dk wrote:
> > >The subject really says it all... Is there a launcher for openbox
> > >which
> > >can launch programs (like dclock) without adding the theme
> > >decorations
> > >(it's possible to remove them when the program is running, but when I
> > >launch it at every startup I'd be in my way)? It'd also be neat if
> > >there
> > >were some way I could specify where the program should appear, since
> > >I'd
> > >like the clock to be in the upper rightmost corner, and not just some
> > >random place on the screen.
> > Yes, I believe devilspie will suit your needs.
>
> No, that didn't do the trick... Actually it hardly did anything (may
> have been an outdated debian-package tho...). Is it possible to make
> openbox remember various states for selected programs (ie. sticky state,
> position, decor and so on)?

Depends what you mean by remember.

If you mean if it can save your session and restore it, it does remember the
various states of all your programs.

If you mean can you have a specific window always start with some state, no.
That's left up to the applications to provide.

> If I want to make a keyboard sequens to remove decor, what action should
> I use?

You would use the action where you read your Openbox config file and/or run
your webbrowser and read the documentation on the Openbox config file.

Ben