[openbox] Dock Level?

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 22 13:21:12 EST 2003

corey at streamreel.net wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 03:30:59AM -0500, Ben Jansens wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:10:25PM -0800, AthlonRob wrote:
>>

><snip>
>

>>Eh the dock sucks anyways it should be a separate app :)
>>

>+1
>
>Openbox won't manage backgrounds, but it's decided to manage docks?
>
>Aha!
>
>So it *isn't* just a _window_ manager... it's also a _dock_ manager,
>but yet people seem a little put out when someone requests or suggest
>that maybe it take over the simple extra feature of background mngmt.
>
>Is this a case of identity crisis? Should the dock app management be
>a separate independent component of openbox? Or do we make arbitrary
>decisions as to when openbox box is a pure window manager, and when
>it does other stuff as well?
>
>I'm just wondering - maybe there should be a small description/statment
>of exactly what openbox is and what it isn't/won't be.
>

>Beers,
>
>Corey

Dearest Corey,

Are you being deliberatly obtuse or are you displaying innate stupidity
here, do share.

Last time I checked YOU didn't make any decisions about what to do with
openbox, but i bet if you did you'd deal with important things like
setting the background first, because that seems to be the number one
feature requirement these days.

Please stop acting like a fucking moron, or at least stop sending
pathetic condescending mail to the list, if you find the former too hard.

If you like the way blackbox works so much I think you know what to do.

thanking you in advance,

David