[openbox] OpenBox 3.0 and Transparency [longish]

Cibao Cu' Ali G. Colibri cibao at softhome.net
Fri Nov 21 04:28:28 EST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:00:33AM +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

Hello Mikael:

> You can fix this in two ways, one is to say -sh 99 or 101 to aterm,
> so it uses a different transparency method,

Sweet!

See? It's just like I said:
It's something simple that I was overlooking AND was overcomplicating. =)

Thanks, Mikael - that switch works like a charm.

I knew about the "-sh" switch, but had no idea that setting the shading to
99 or 101 would force aterm to use a different transparency method.

I knew what I needed, I just didn't know that *that* would do it. =)

> or you can comment out two lines in openbox/framerender.c

[snippage]

I was wondering if there might not be an option that provided that sort of
functionality, short of editing the source and re-compiling. =)

I guess not. ;)

> but that might have some other side effects you may or may not like :)

Aw hell, now you've got me all curious about what it'll do. =P

Thanks again, Mikael. =)

--
Cibao Cu' Ali G. Colibri   | Fortune's real live weird band names #562:
GnuPG Pub Key EC9F1D51  -o)| Pussy Tourette