[openbox] Problems configuring Openbox

Mike logan at dct.com
Fri Nov 7 16:51:39 EST 2003

Hm, only thing I can think of offhand is maybe XDG_DATA_DIRS (environment variable) is set and does not contain /usr/local/share.

That variable overrides the default paths openbox will look in for themes. If it's set, you could append some paths to it... XDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/share:/usr/local/share:$HOME/.local/share"

Or if you wanted to try some debugging, you could open render/theme.c, go to loaddb() function and add some g_print()'s.

Specifically, inside:
        for (it = parse_xdg_data_dir_paths(); !db && it;
             it = g_slist_next(it))
        {
            s = g_build_filename(it->data, "themes", name,
                                 "openbox-3", "themerc", NULL);
            if ((db = XrmGetFileDatabase(s)))
                theme->path = g_path_get_dirname(s);

g_print("s = %s\n", s); // <- HERE

            g_free(s);
        }

--program_prefix=-3 don't cause any change to the theme paths that I can see.

Mike