[openbox] license change

Scott Moynes smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca
Mon May 19 14:44:16 EDT 2003

* Roman Neuhauser (neuhauser at bellavista.cz) wrote:
>     One might say that it's not BSD license that's the limiting factor
>     here, and that by going for GPL you become part of the problem
>     instead of helping eliminate it.

Feel free to be part of the solution and write your own BSD licensed
window manager.

Confusion says:
  "He who writes code, gets to pick the licence."
Conveniently enough, so does the rest of the free world.

And as an aside, if copyright meant we couldn't read source from other
projects, then newspaper editors couldn't read other papers or watch
television news broadcasts.

If you think we have relicensed some of your copyrighted code, step up
and say so, but if you're simply just bitching that more code was
committed in the last day in openbox3 than in your BSD licensed window
manager, go troll somewhere else.

I suggest /dev/null.

Peace, Love and Capitalism,
Scott
--
Scott Moynes http://www.icculus.org/openbox/
"Computer science is as much about computers