[openbox] Fonts in OB3

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Jun 30 00:00:06 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 08:52:10PM -0700, Pat Martin wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I just installed OB3alpha today and I must say I really like it. All the
> changes that were made were things that I had hoped would be. But I do
> have a question concerning fonts...

Cool

> I have modified the themes for bigger fonts but the fonts stay the same
> size. Said fonts are available on my system and when I look at the config
> log it shows that XFT was found so I am presuming that it was compiled
> with support in. Am I missing something or has this not been implemented
> yet.

The themes haven't been updated. The means for specifying the font has
changed from Openbox2. Live and learn.

Its now specified with a .xftfont directive, such as "window.title.xftfont:
foo" where foo is a standard XFT font string. You can see how to build this
string with the xft tutorial on eax.com/render.

Ben