[openbox] OB3 alpha1: entire screen redraws when dragging window?

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 19:38:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 02:51:58PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:
> Its because instead of grabbing the server, I map a fullscreen window and
> draw on that. But when the window disappears, some windows redraw/flicker.

It also seems to make it easy for the mouse to get ahead of what the window
manager is doing.  Several times today, I've gone to drag a window, and by
the time the server has caught up to the window manager, the mouse pointer
has moved well off the title bar.

So moving a window up leaves the mouse with the 4-way cursor sometimes
inches above the window it's actually dragging.

--
 Marc Wilson |     "We want to create puppets that pull their own
 msw at cox.net |     strings."  -- Ann Marion "Would this make them