[openbox] OB3 alpha1: entire screen redraws when dragging window?

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Sun Jun 29 14:51:58 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 02:46:35PM -0400, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> I've been trying out the OB3 alpha, and I like it. I edited the rc3 file
> I placed in ~/.openbox to disable opaque window moving and resizing, and
> I noticed that the whole screen quickly flickers and appears to redraw
> when I move a window. This doesn't happen if I turn opaque move/resize
> back on.

Its because instead of grabbing the server, I map a fullscreen window and
draw on that. But when the window disappears, some windows redraw/flicker. I
set SaveUnder on the window, so I'm not sure why they flicker. If I can't
find a fix I may just go back to grabbing the server and making xmms pause
if you move a window around too long.

Ben