windows and groups of windows

Peter Chiocchetti pch at myzel.net
Wed Jul 16 16:04:37 EDT 2003

hello,

mozilla (firebird) behaves somewhat strange. the story starts
like this: when a download starts, m. brings up the save as
dialogue. then m. shows the progress dialogue. now to the
point:

when there are two/more m. windows open, when the progess
dialogue closes, the oldest of those m. windows will be raised;
which is not necessarily the one, where the download link was.

with openbox2 m. does not behave like this, so it interferes
with window grouping in openbox3. I hope to have summarised
the matter suitable for further exploration, if need be.

cheers,

peter

PS: some time ago, I sent to the list an archive with a method
for documenting the config file. I improved on it a little, so
if there's interest, just mail.