[openbox] compiling without fancy stuff

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Jul 7 16:29:48 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:48:34PM +0200, Marcin Cylke wrote:
> (*) Ben Jansens <ben at orodu.net> [ 6 July 2003]:
>
> > What "gnome2 things" are we talking about here? Anything that is optional is
> > detected and compiled without if it is not present.
>
> Uhh... You are actually right. Openbox configures fine without gnome
> installed. But the problem I've got is with compiling it. My system is
> freeBSD 4.8 and I'm getting following errors:

IIRC FreeBSD renames the XFT header to something non-standard. Xft2.h
perhaps? You'll have to move it back or change the openbox includes to
handle it, or file a bug report with the Xft port maintainer, I expect.
Renaming system headers is a really bad idea.. I think thats pretty much
common sense.

As well font.c is missing a stdlib.h include. That's fixed in CVS.

Ben