[openbox] slackware 9.1 package (was: Re: [openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox 3.1 Released)

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Mon Dec 22 19:57:36 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 15:06, Bartosz Oudekerk wrote:
> AthlonRob is thought to have typed the following text
> on Mon, 22 Dec, 2003 at 01:40:25PM -0800:
>
> > On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 12:55, Eric Binet wrote:
> > >
> > > Could someone build a Slackware 9.1 package (or tell me where to get
> > > information on how to do it)
> >
> Well, a good starting document is:
> <URL:http://www.userlocal.com/articles/slackwaretools.php>

Yeah, or the AOLS archives on Google...  :-)

Hmmm... wonder... is there a chapter on package creation in The Good
Book Renewal Project?

> It's also worth it (but not necessary) to take a look at a slack-desc
> file, take the one in my package as an example.
>
> It has also been discussed on alt.os.linux.slackware recently, include
> DESTDIR in your search terms. (groups.google)

d'oh, shoulda read those two paragraphs first.

> > I'm busy most of today but might be able to throw one together
> > tonight... if +Chiron+ or Bartoz don't want to do it...  :-)
> >
> I was going to make a package anyway, it can be found at:
> <URL:http://www.etv.cx/~bartosz/openbox-3.1-i486-bo.tgz>
>
> And its md5sum at:
> <URL:http://www.etv.cx/~bartosz/openbox-3.1-i486-bo.md5>

Hey, thanks.  Might just utilize that myself.  :-)

> > I'm sure there are other slackware users on the list, too...
> >
> I wouldn't be surprised, although AFAIK no other BOZO's(tm).

True... we shall convert them, though.  Might take a goat or two to
convince Jurgen, though.  Hehehe... we can mention the goat here and
he'll NEVER know!  :-)

Rob