heavy load on ffm with rox-panel

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Sat Dec 20 16:24:14 EST 2003

Hi all,
I posted on this topic a while ago, but I did not receive much in terms
of response, possibly because the post was too big for anyone to want
to read, and because I might not have provided the sufficient details.

There's a problem with focus-follows-mouse in combination with
roxpanel. Namely, mousing over the panel generates 100% cpu usage. This
immediately stops when mousing off the panel.

The only rc.xml option that causes this is changing
 <followMouse>no</followMouse>
 <followMouse>yes</followMouse>

and I'm at arms as to what to do with this problem. Also, the tooltips
that are supposed to come up when mousing over icons in the panel do
not show up, and the mouseover icon selection flickers. Launching an
application usually takes a couple of mouseclicks, as it doesn't always
seem to register the click.

I posted to the rox-users mailing list and found that quite a number of
people had the same problem, always in combination with ffm. The rox
developers told me to post to the openbox list, as they claim it isn't
rox-related.

I would appreciate greatly if anyone could help me sort out this
problem, and I'll be glad to provide any additional information that I
might have missed.

Regards,
	Kacper
--
My GnuPG public key is available from pgp.mit.edu